Alfred Hitchcock: Alfred Hitchcock presents Music to be Murdered by (1958)
01. Music to be Murdered by
02. I’ll Never Smile Again
03. I Don’t Stand a Ghost of a Chance with You
04. After You’ve Gone
05. Alfred Hitchcock Television Theme
07. Body and Soul
08. Lover Come Back to me
09. I’ll Walk Alone
10. The Hour of Parting
Narrator: Alfred Hitchcock
Music Arranged and Conducted by: Jeff Alexander
LP-12005 / LP-9052
HAA 7515 / HA-P2130
SL 5183 
From the liner notes:
The record in this envelope is called “Music To Be Murdered By” and is part of a campaign of mine to return to murder the dignity and charm it once had.
Today there are few good, honest murderers left.
Most of the are hoodlums or neurotic wrecks with no sense of style or form and certainly no interest in music.
I realize there may be a few who whistle as they work but that is hardly the same.
This modern notion that all murders should be performed a cappella simply has no historical basis.
You don’t think Nero was fiddling for his own amusement, do you? Certainly not.
These days a murder is amusing for the onlookers and the murderer but no one thinks of making things pleasant for the victim.
He may be a tiresome bore but he is still rather essential and is entitled to some consideration.
Music, I feel, will heighten his appreciation and make his own murder the truly ennobling experience it should be.
One Warning: My disembodied voice will be heard occasionally, but I promise not to sing.
After all, this record was designed to accompany murder, not to commit it.
I sincerely hope you enjoy ” Music To Be Murdered By” and I trust before your demise you have time to stagger out and buy some more albums for a few of your close enemies.
With deepest sympathy,
01. Music to Be Murdered By (for the series “Alfred Hitchcock Presents”) (04:02)
Written by Jeff Alexander
02. I’ll Never Smile Again (03:05)
Music and lyrics by Ruth Lowe
03. I Don’t Stand a Ghost of a Chance With You (03:08)
Lyrics by Bing Crosby and Ned Washington; Music by Victor Young
04. After You’ve Gone (03:06)
Music and lyrics by Henry Creamer & Turner Layton
05. “Alfred Hitchcock Presents” Main Title Theme (02:28)
Stanley Wilson and his Orchestra
06. Suspicion (for the series “Alfred Hitchcock Presents”) (03:05)
Written by Jeff Alexander
07. Body and Soul (from “Three’s A Crowd”) (03:35)
Lyrics by Edward Haymen; Music by Johnny Green
08. Lover Come Back to Me (from “The New Moon”) (04:42)
Lyrics by Oscar Hammerstein; Music by Sigmund Romberg
09. I’ll Walk Alone (from “Follow the Boys”) (03:35)
Lyrics by Sammy Cahn; Music by Jule Styne
10. The Hour of Parting (02:20)
Lyrics by Gus Kahn; Music by Mischa Spolianski